2012 In Review
Another year has washed away, leaving the 21st century to enter into its teenage years. My blogging journey this past year has been an interesting one, starting with me rediscovering my desire to write at the beginning of 2012, dipping off during the summer, and ultimately sprinting toward the finish line to meet some self-imposed goals for this chronicle. Over the last 12 months I have been most pleased with my ability to use this space to recap our weekly gatherings for one80 and my commitment to writing about each chapter in my 2 Spiritual Development books for the year (Celebration of Discipline and Mere Christianity). I also really enjoyed redesigning the blog with a new template and the ability to share more videos with my readers. I have also picked up 68 new followers this year!
There were some down notes this year though. I did not generate a lot of content that created discussion, like I had hoped. In fact, most of my posts this year were simply read and “liked” or ignored. I also fell off of my weekly goal for Mere Christianity (thus the sprint to finish). And of course, the summer dip was a bit disappointing to see at the end of the year. 2012 has also been my lowest-viewed year in blogging – and that counts the first year where I only blogged for 11 months!
But all in all I enjoyed this year of blogging, and hope to build upon what I accomplished this year. Here are some fun stats from 2012:
- Total Posts: 138
- Highest Month:April (19 posts)
- Lowest Month: July (4 posts)
- Highest method of sharing posts: Email
- Highest Trafficked Week: 333 Views
- Lowest Trafficked Week: 91 Views
Top 5 posts written in 2012
- Tuesday Night Recap (How to Read The Bible: Parables) (117 views)
- Stick Faith: A Mini Review (107 views)
- Facebook Parenting for the Troubled Teen (89 views)
- The Rival Conceptions of God (77 views)
- The Spiritual Disciplines: Door to Liberation (59 views)
Top 5 Referrers in 2012
- Search Engines: 8,238 referrals
- rethinkingyouthministry.com: 606 referrals
- studentministry.org: 90 referrals
- WordPress.com: 61 referrals
- Facebook: 34 referrals
- Tobias reached his 3rd birthday and Abigail reached her 5th birthday
- We enjoyed a great family vacation in Hilton Head
- Abigail started Kindergarten
- Tobias started talking!
- Abigail has shown a remarkable depth in her relationship with God, even at 5 years old
- Kelly and I continue to celebrate our marriage after 7 years (8 next week)
- We have been active in our current ministry posting at Trinity for a year and a half now
- I was blessed to lead the most satisfying short-term mission trip in my 12 years in student ministry
What was your favorite part of From the Brainpan this year?
And of course, the kind folks at WordPress put together a little overview of my blogging this year. Check it out if you are interested! Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 12,000 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 20 years to get that many views.