Youth Ministry 3.0 Mini-Review
Over the weekend I read Marko’s Youth Ministry 3.0. A very quick read to be sure, but jam-packed with tons of useful information, advice and guidance. This will serve to be a nutshell review, and once I have had teh opportunity to re-read it in more depth I will post a deeper review.
- Great history lesson about youth culture and how the church has responded.
- Marko’s heart to genuinely help guide Youth Workers in this adventure.
- The input collected via Marko’s blog during the writing process.
- There is not a clear, cookie-cutter model to implement to be successful.
- Though the cultural information is spot-on, it might not be as relevant in your area. In my area of the country, we are actually a little behind the rest of you culturally. Still valid information, but we have to discern how far we have come culturally, which in a way is a good thing, because it forces us to be students of hte culture instead of relying on someone else to tell us how to do things.
There you have it. Like I said, a deeper review will follow soon…