Random Valentine’s Day Thoughts
Just some random thoughts from today that are rambling in my head at nearly midnight tonight…
- I choose to refer to Valentine’s Day as Single’s Awareness Day.
- Single’s Awareness Day = SAD
- My wife and I choose not to participate in a commercial holiday that is built around the idea of setting aside one day to really express love to your significant other just because everyone else in the world is.
- I will NEVER again visit a larger city on the same day as a holiday. We decided to do a little shopping and get a meal in Erie with Abigail today, and after taking nearly 90 minutes to get there (a 35-40 minute drive), an hour to travel a half-mild from Chick-Fil-A to Home Depot, and several utterances of my desire to purchase a t-shirt emblazoned with the expression “Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups” I decreed no more travel on even “lesser” holidays.
- I had the best piece of lettuce on a Chick-Fil-A sandwich ever today.
- Almost NO ONE knows anything about the origins of Valentine’s Day.
- I wonder how much more money restaurants make on Single’s Awareness Day?
- I find it humorous – or at least interesting – that Valentine’s Day shares the same “initials” of Venereal Disease.