Questions For the Youth Ministry Community
Last week at our Wednesday Night Live program, I invited our teens to ask questions about love anonymously that we will seek to answer over the next two weeks. I shared a couple already, but I thought I might pick your brain with the entire list, and see if they spark any thoughts in you. Here’s the list:
- Does love always hurt?
- What do you do?
- Why do some people resist love?
- Can we watch A Night At The Roxbury sometime? (I used Haddaway’s What is Love in our video for the evening).
- Are there levels of love?
- Why does love hurt?
- What is sex?
- How do love and sex combine?
- What is the point where people can date?
- At what point is purple okay?
- Why do people love?
- When is it okay to look at a girl’s body?
- Do we all have soulmates?
- How should we show our love as Christians to a girlfriend/boyfriend?
- Why should we love?
- How can we love people who hurt us?
- Why does love exist?
- Is love kissing? And when you do [kiss] and they [the one you kissed] dump you was that love to start off with?
- Can love be felt by anyone? Is it felt for everyone?
So leave your thoughts/answers. Who knows, your answer may be included in the final lesson plan! And please, attempt to use Scripture to back up your answer (just don’t proof-text).
All questions came from a group of 7th grade through 12th grade students.