Passion: God of This City
I received the new Passion disc in the mail today (it does not drop into stores until Tuesday, but I am a rep for Sixsteps Records). I have made it through the CD about three times, and am loving it. There will be a full review coming soon on Redemptively Reviewed soon, but for now here are a few highlights:
- I love hearing a Crowder Celtic-style rendition of a classic hymn live. The Album version of O For A Thousand Tongues to Sing was phenomenal. The live version is even better. (much like his live version of Come Thou Fount).
- Tomlin’s cover of the new song God of This City is excellent. No better anthem could have been chosen for their regional events.
- I love Kristian Stanfill’s new song Beautiful Jesus. He has a talent for crafting amazing word pictures, and a passion that shines even through a recorder disc of his leading.
- I missed hearing Matt Redman’s Dancing Generation. Simply a fun song.
- Tomlin’s Sing, Sing, Sing is a great energetic, driving song, and would be perfectly at home in just about any youth meeting.
Look for a fuller review in the coming week. Short review: A great disc. Check it out on Tuesday.